Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesdays For Timothy Moms: Prayers and prayer requests

This week TFTM's theme is prayers and prayer requests. Post on your blog a prayer for your children and/or a request for prayer in an area of mothering and discipling your kids. You can save the TFTM's picture to your post and be sure to come back here and post the URL to your post in the Mr. Linky window. And be sure to leave a comment too!

This week I'm going to put out a request for your prayers in regards to my dealings with my older child particularly. He's a very strong willed boy and he tests me more than the other. I love him dearly, obviously, and see him as created in the image of God and know God has good purposes and plans for him, but I struggle, mostly out of exhaustion to know how to address the MANY things he challenges me on.

I'm just praying for wisdom in how to address each challenge- each time he confronts my authority in his life and wills to wear it down with his many fits, fights, screams, tantrums, shouts...etc. I just want to stay calm and not take it personally, but just persist to show him who the parent is and show him love as I do so.

I'm praying for you all too. I know mothering is exhausting and seeking to train our children in the Lord and teach them a scriptures often just puts us in the enemies target zone for an onslaught of tests, temptations and doubts. I pray we would draw close to the Lord and not seek to parent in our own strength.

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant: because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:6-11

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Well I'm closer to the next "Tuesdays..." than I should be but I added my post anyway :)

Sheila, I'll add your requests to my prayers!