Monday, April 28, 2008

My heart and plans for the coming year

Up to this month I've been planning a theme from scripture to teach my sons. This month I chose to dive into the exciting world of studying the Biblical holidays. In it the Lord is teaching the teacher as much or more than the students. He's been speaking to me a lot about letting the Law and Prophets teach me about Jesus and God's plan for all HIStory and mankind- and us particularly as His people.

I'll share more about that later, but for now I just wanted to share the plan I'm going to be implementing in teaching the scriptures (and modeling faith in Christ to them) to my two boys.

*I will let the Old Testament stories testify to us of Jesus our Savior and be the tutor which brings the children to a place of faith in Christ for themselves.

*I will let the New Testament reveal who the Jesus is that these examples from the Old Testament point to.

So we will be studying through the Old Testament, starting with the LORD's feasts (Leviticus 23). It's fitting I think that I make this declaration for the coming year of plans in teaching the boys the scriptures since, according to God's timetable, Passover is the beginning of the year (Christ is our beginning of a "new year")- see Exodus 12:2, "This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you."

No comments: