- *To go do something, preferrebly out of your house, even if it's just to your front/back porch, or front/back yard, but if you can, actually go for a walk or a drive somewhere.
- *The goal for this challenge is to do something that will help foster a "field trip" of sorts for one of the Parables that Jesus taught or some other portion of scripture if you'd like.
- 1. Go for a walk looking specifically for birds. Take the oppurtunity to talk to your kids about one of the following scriptures:
- *Gen.1:21-23- The day God created the birds.
- *Mark 4:3-5- The parable of the seed, specifically the part about the seed that fell on the footpath and the birds came and stole the seed away.
- *Matt.8:19-21- Jesus' example that the birds have nests but He had no place to lay his head.
- * There are many scriptures that have the word bird in them or that draw some message from the birds. You can use this Bible Study Tool and type in the word bird and find a scripture you'd like to use.
- 2. Go for a bike ride or a brisk walk to get some exercise. Talk about how God created our bodies or about how like exercise, when we obey God, we get stronger.
- 3. Go for a drive somewhere on a planned "field trip" such as the zoo, or park, or mueseum or library and use the the trip as your "walk." Take the oppurtunity to talk about God's creation, the great Commission, or an example from the Bible that speaks to the field trip you're taking.
If you have other ideas about how to impress upon your kids the word of God while you "walk by the way" please let us all hear about it by leaving a comment!
Have a great time! And be sure to leave a link on the Mr. Linky to your post if you choose to post about your challenge experience sometime in the future. You can come back anytime and post about any of the challenges. Week 1 is here. Week 2 is here. And you can go here for the challenge guidelines.
I'm praying for our children and for us as we seek to obey the Lord and lead our kids to Christ!