Friday, April 25, 2008

Amen to this post!

"...that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you." 1 Thess.4:11


Higher Up and Further In has been a key resource in parenting and teaching my sons. Even before making the decision to homeschool them "officially" I desired to begin using the time I have with them as more of an investment rather than something I had to get through, and Lidafay's posts have been key in helping me begin to step down that path.

This post I read on her blog today was one of the most refreshing posts I've read concerning homemaking! It's one I am in complete agreement with- one that very much describes me and my household.

Here's some of her post: I don't believe a woman has to be some sort of multitasking, micromanaging super woman to maintain a happy homeschool and a beautiful, orderly home and family. I am certainly NOT a multitasker. Just ask my kids. They tease me about not being able to carry on a conversation and cook at the same time. My husband however, is amazing in this area. He can Skype someone on the phone, write out business invoices, translate a medical document, text someone in Turkey via Messenger and have ten other windows open on his computer at once and manage just fine. His desk looks a mess but he knows where each item is located and can pull it up in a flash-- and he's never paid a bill late. I wish I could accomplish such feats, but God didn't wire me that way. So I have to keep things real simple and straightforward in order to be a good homemaker and teacher. Here are some decisions I've made that have helped me in this area. Go here to read the full post

No comments: