Sunday, March 30, 2008

March's Garden

What we've been doing:





Our project for March with the theme, Sowing and Reaping, was building (thanks to my man for that part!), filling and planting a garden.

It all started with our seed germination project in the house at the beginning of the month. Our sweet cherry tomato seedlings, sweet baby watermelons, sugar snap peas and hollyhock flowers all sprouted nicely in the house and now are planted in our little raised bed garden. I'm really praying over these babies! I feel like they're my babies. They represent the seed of God's word- Living (Jesus) and written (the scriptures), the soil of our hearts, the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus and the new life we are promised in Him. So much is wrapped up in this project and probably this month more than any since God began leading me on this adventure of teaching my sons His word I have really been learning and seeing my kids enjoy learning heavenly, eternal truths.

The Spirit has worked the timing with March's theme and the celebration of Easter so beautifully and now to slide so perfectly into April with the theme being Passover. In April I'm praying, preparing and planning to have a Passover Seder with my boys and other (who I'm still praying about). Easter is the fulfillment of the Passover supper- Jesus is our Passover Lamb! I can't wait! I'm so excited.

I'm taking this week off blogging to really dive into some intercessory prayer time (where I'd usually be blogging) as I sense the Spirit's lead to do so, but I just wanted to encourage you to seek the Spirit's lead on what He would have you talking about concerning His word to your kids this month and prayerfully living out by faith before them.

Please DO send your emails or comments with your plans for April or any thoughts or resources you may have and I'll be glad to post them next week when I come back!

1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

I will join you in that intercession. The Lord, too, has shown me how important it is. Just as I was reading your blog my husband shared this quote with me. "Prayer is more important than organization, more powerful than armies, more influential than wealth, and mighteries than all learning. Prevailing prayer makes men (women) invincible."