Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hebrew Roots Resources


This site is right up my alley! I love, and long to learn more of the Jewish roots my Salvation- Jesus the Christ- is born out of.


One of the scriptures that I always feel the Lord is speaking directly to me in is John 4:22 where Jesus says to the Samaritan woman, "You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews."


The Spirit of God has always amazed me in revealing things to me, as I seek His face, that many Jewish scholars have mulled over for generations- one of the benefits of the new covenant, God putting His Spirit and His word in our new hearts. And I get this reality check from the Spirit every once in awhile as I'm reading the Word, reminding me that it was Israel, not America, the Jews not the Religious Right, that God designed and built as a type, a forthtelling of His Son to come. I am the foreigner who joins herself to the LORD, to serve Him (Isa.56:6), and my sons too. It's Jesus, not my church traditions, who makes me accepted.


Anyway, that was an unintended paragraph. But a bit of my heart.


I want my kids to know the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob by grace through faith in His Son, the Messiah, our Saviour. I know, whether they know Hebrew or not, the Spirit of God will reveal what God's word means. But I also know that many religions and traditions, even in Christianity, compete for defining what God has revealed through the Jews in Jesus only.


So I'm seeking how to teach my boys what God's Spirit would have me teach them that will help them to ask questions and seek to know their Saviour personally, and sites like this and the Heart of Wisdom site with all the resources there seem like good places to start.

No comments: