Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Contributors from the Timothy Moms' group at Homeshool Lounge


I'm so thankful to the ladies that have shared their hearts over at the Timothy Mom's group at the Homeschool Lounge. Just to see God's heart united in all of us to model and apply God's word to our lives and our kids'...to see Christ formed in them... it's just awesome!


Thank you ladies and thank you Lord for Your Spirit at work in us!


Here are the ideas the ladies from the group shared:


Kristal has son who is 6 and boy/girl twins who are two. She shares: I guess first and foremost I am truly trying to model Christ to them all day, and I really try to concentrate on being who I want them to be, which is Christ. As for the practical: Alot of scripture memorization (in a later post, I'll post them all) learning books of the bible in order, reading the bible, and writing scriptures. Thats all I can think of right now. I'm really looking foward to hearing everyone elses thoughts.


Penny has 9 children, ages 1-17, and the 10th on the way, and she shares: I've been convicted to put the Bible first in our homeschooling by Robin Sampson at Heart of Wisdom. We already prayed together a lot, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate the Word. Her unit studies and resource suggestions have helped a lot.I have 9 children, ages 1-17. I'm pregnant with no. 10. We have 4 boys and 5 girls right now. I've been homeschooling them from the beginning. God is becoming more real to us all the time. I have a blog at www.heartofwisdom.com/BecomingReal that tells more about me and my family.


Moria has three boys, ages 5, 3, and 1. She shares: We work on getting the spirit of what God says and how to apply it to our lives. We may work on a single verse for a week or more trying to get the boys to understand what it really means. We read the Family Bible by Osbourne books and the Day by Day and the Narrated Bible. We color, work on Hebrew, cut and paste verses etc. Thank you for starting this group. I, too, am looking to emmerse my boys into the lifestyle of Christ. He has put so many reminders in our life so that we can constantly think about Him and how he constantly provides for us. This is a hard battle for me because I didn't grow up thinking about God every day or every week. I had an agnostic background and some things that come readily to people regarding the instruction of our children totaly elude me. I have enjoyed learning all about God's feast days and lifestyle. It has made showing Christ to my children much easier. My husband takes a supportive backseat roll in the family; joining us with the feast days and Sabbath but not putting alot into the spiritual edification of the children. I know that God will move on his heart and he will take up that roll. Right now I need all the help I can get(mostly consistency and creativity) and I hope to learn more about what you all do to keep Christ front and center in your homeschooling.


And Nikki writes: I have 6 children all together . Two are step children however they call me mom and I consider them my children. 3 girls and 3 boys . The girls ages are 20, 15, and 10. The boys are 18, 9 and 2. I am still tweeking how I want to help build our faith. Modeling I feel is the key. Living what we see and feel. My girls and I read from a girls devotional book. The younger ones work from Daniellesplace.com . It costs a little bit for a subscription but I have found the lessons fun and worth it. I am also considering purchasing defending the faith for my older teens. (by JoJo) Cant wait to get to know you all and hear what other things you use. I do have a blog also. www.homeschoolblogger.com/Angelheart/ On Thursdays I do a meme called Train up a child. Where I talk about just this topic.


"Modeling...", "...getting the spirit of what God says and how to apply it to our lives...", "...putting the Bible first in our homeschooling...", "...try to model Christ to them all day long..."


AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! Ladies. Wise, you are!


Thank you so much for sharing.

No comments: