Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Prayer from Amy Charmichael... my prayer!

I read this at Elizabeth Elliot's site on her devotionals. Oh, and it is my heart's prayer for my kids... for all our kids! This is truly the prayer of a Timothy Mom, and as I face this coming year it is all the more my prayer. Many changes seem to be on the horizon, some I'm fearful of, some I'm excited about... all out of my control. I must look to the One who is in control and trust Him with my fears and concerns.

Keep praying for your kids as 2009 comes Timothy Moms and Grandmoms!

Father, hear us, we are praying,
Hear the words our hearts are saying,
We are praying for our children.

Keep them from the powers of evil
From the secret, hidden peril,
From the whirlpool that would suck them,
From the treacherous quicksand pluck them,
Holy Father, save our
children.

From the worldling's hollow gladness,
From the sting of
faithless sadness,
Through life's troubled waters steer them,
Through
life's bitter battle cheer them,
Father, Father, be Thou near them.

Read the language of our longing,
Read the wordless pleadings
thronging,
Holy Father, for our children.

And wherever they may
bide,
Lead them Home at eventide.

Praying for us as moms and for our children,

No comments: