Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesdays For Timothy Moms: Elisabeth Elliot quote


All I've got to say is: TESTED!
Today being Tuesdays for Timothy Moms here- a time for me, and anyone who wants to join in, to share our hearts on certain scriptures, quotes or questions that pertain to being a mom who aims to teach her children the scriptures and model a life of faith to her kids- I was tested in the exact area our quote pertained to- the glory of dying to self as a mom.

My modem died today. I ran out of coffee. My computer- which I use to play music CD's- stopped working. My neighbor asked if I could watch her girls so she could have a nice anniversary date with her children. And I was laden with a headache, a grumpy attitude, and frustration.

The Lord tested and exposed SOME of the dross in me today that He desires to burn away.

I'll have to share more with you tomorrow- if I have a computer :).

But for now, I just want to say, "Thank you Lord for being faithful to the process of conforming me to the image of your Son. I give you my will! Have YOUR way with me Lord!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it always work like that?! Blessings to you as you continue to persevere in Him. :-)