Thursday, March 6, 2008

prayin', sowin', reapin'



I'm so excited about this month's theme. God is already stirring up fallow ground in our hearts, planting seeds of His word and giving us peaks at the tiny buds shooting up from the dirty soil of our hearts!

Everything about this month's theme is so ministering to me!

This morning, and the last four mornings, I've tweeked our morning routine a bit so that before we do any t.v. watching, toy playing, chores...etc., we sit together next to the computer and worship Jesus together in song and in reading the word.

I found these songs and downloaded them in i-tunes to begin singing them with the boys.
The words to Wholly Yours by David Crowded is peircingly true and heart-purifying:

I am full of earth
You are heaven’s worth
I am stained with dirt, prone to depravity
You are everything that is bright and clean
The antonym of me
You are divinity
But a certain sign of grace is this
From a broken earth flowers come up
Pushing through the dirt...

I am stained with dirt and prone to depravity and yet the certain sign of grace is at work in me and even my boys, cause from our broken earth, flowers of God's planting are coming up, pushing past our dirt! Thank you Jesus!

The other day, walking through Lowe's, Connor started busting out in worship, "WHOWY, WHOWY, WHOWY! AWL HEAVEN CWIES WHOWY, WHOWY, WHOWY!" The praise of a little sheep, bleating out Jesus' praises, echoed through Lowes and all I could do was smile and join in the worship while heads turned to see what all the singing was about!

Then last night Connor did it again...started praising loudly singing Wholly Yours while his daddy was sitting across from him on the couch. I prayed, "Thank you Jesus!" silently and fought back the tears of joy!
We're also learning the lyrics as we sing "Prayin' Sowin' Reapin'" by Layton Howerton.

It's required that a man
Be found faithful
So let the work of our hearts and hands
Be willing and able
May we not rest in His grace
While there's work to be done in this place
May we be prayin', sowin', reapin'
May we be found, prayin', sowin', reapin
'There are fields to be plowed
And souls to be won
Sheep that have been scattered
Fences overrun
So let us be doers and not hearers only
Serving Christ the One who is holy
At harvest time
When the Lord comes
Mere laborers
Will saints become
So let me be



The boys and I are prayin' as we pulled up this months feature on Kids of Courage this week and I read to them the story of Parveen (for more on how Parveen's story is effecting me go to my other blog). I printed out a map picture from the feature page and the picture of Parveen and a little girl also on the feature page and the boys and I pinned them to the world map I put up in their room and prayed for Pakistan's leaders and the Christians there- even Parveen. It really had an impact on them- and they remembered where Pakistan and the surrounding countries were immediately when asked a few minutes later!

I'm trusting that seeds are being sown in mine and my boys' hearts and even my husband's. And I'm trusting the Lord for the reapin', for, "...neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase." (1 Cor.3:7)

The boys are quickly learning what sowing and reaping mean and it's just so neat to see something clicking with them and them enjoying the learning!

I found this book at my local library

I'm really impressed with it. The boys enjoyed listening to me read it and it has the parable, "Sowing and Growing" in it...PERFECT!!

Once again, I'd love to hear from any of you on the things you are seeing God to as you labor in love to see Christ formed in your little ones.

Also...
Coming soon, Mother's Day cards from encouragHer! Hope to have em listed by the end of next week.

Also... if you would, I'd love for you take my poll over at encouragHer. The question: What would you pay for my cards including shipping? I'm trying to educate my self as to how much to sell these little simple cards for. So far the popular vote is 12 for $10.

Thanks and may you be blessed in serving Jesus as a mom today!

No comments: