Monday, February 25, 2008

New Favorite Book ideas from Captivated- a Timothy Mom



Captivated at Trenkle Toes purchased some books she's enjoying using in teaching her kids God's word and has shared them with us. Here's an excerpt from her post. Please read the full post here:



I bought these two children's books last year at a conference featuring Elizabeth George, author of A Woman After God's Own Heart. I was really excited about the content because there is such applicable wisdom in the Proverbs for parenting.
I took the books home and the kids weren't really all that excited. But I pulled them out again a few weeks ago for my oldest two babes, and at ages 3 & 4, these are now the pages they want to behold at bedtime. They are fascinated by the illustrations and by the rhythm and rhyme that Elizabeth uses to spell out these truths.
God's Wisdom for Little Boys: Character Building Fun from Proverbs highlights characterics that make men wise and smart. Bryson's favorite pages are the ones illustrating that God's Little Boy is ...
TRUTHFUL
He recites the scripture before we even turn the page... "We don't use our mouth to tell lies, Mom, huh."
DILIGENT
OBEDIENT
RESPONSIBLE
BRAVE
"Yeah, when I lay down my sleep will be peaceful. And the Lord will keep me SAFE!"

No comments: