Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What we're working on...

I've been focusing on the theme that God makes all things new this month. Each day (minus about a week for sickness) we've been forming little symbols with clay which help remind the boys of the verses I read to them that day concerning what God makes new. This has just been so great! I think the teacher is learning more than the students :-)
Here's some pics of what we've done since I last shared pics:

New heavens and earth by Connor and Ryland

"Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth- so wonderful that no one will even think about the old ones anymore." ~ Isa.65:17 NLT

New covenant hearts by Connor and Ryland and mom
"But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day," Says the LORD. "I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."~ Jer.31:33 NLT

New Spirit doves by Connor, Ryland and mom

"And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their hearts of stone and give them tender hearts instead."~ Ezekiel 11:19 NLT

New, obedient hearts by Connor, Ryland, and mom
"And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart."~ Ezekiel 36:26 NLT

New names by Connor, Ryland and mom

"All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. And I will write my God's name on them, and they will be citizens in the city of my God- the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God. And they will have my new name inscribed upon them."~ Rev.3:12

The token of the New covenant by Connor and Ryland

"After supper he took another cup of wine and said, 'This is the token of God's new covenant to save you- an agreement sealed with the blood I will pour out for you."~ Luke 22:20 NLT

Today we'll be making a flower out of clay to symbolizes John 3:6- the new life the Holy Spirit reproduces through us- and also planting a seed in a small pot and praying over it to grow (all plants in my house need prayer!). I'm kind of at a loss as to what symbols to make for many of the other verses I'd originally planned to teach to the boys, but no worries, it's very evident that God is taking this microscopic offering and using it each day. If you have ideas though about what symbol or another activity I could do with the boys from the scriptures I listed in my January plans post let me know! I'd love it! Also, what are you doing? Love to hear from you if you've bumped upon this blog somehow! Please leave a comment.

No comments: