Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Song

"He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the LORD." ~ Psalm 40:3



This was the scripture I camped on with my boys yesterday. They made musical notes with clay. I printed out a picture of a music note and then gave them the pieces to put the note together and they came up with these great pieces to, at the end of the month, hang on the wind chime we'll put together.

I plan to look around online today for someway to get a cocooned caterpillar or watch one be transformed into a butterfly somehow. UPDATE: I FOUND INSECT LORE! Check this site out for something fun to do. Just what I was looking for! :~)

I'm just brainstorming ideas to help the boys visualize that truth that God does make all things new. Any ideas? If you've found this blog and have an idea I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments.

1 comment:

Kellie Trenkle said...

i'm so excited about this new blog! there's already a wealth of awesome ideas on here and it's only your 3rd post!